3-Year Olds through Middle High School
Children attend service with their parents and are dismissed for Sunday School after the children's sermon entitled "The Word with Children." Our volunteer staff of church school teachers uses the Gather 'Round curriculum. The curriculum nurtures faith by engaging the imagination through the Bible, tradition, science, technology and the arts. On a weekly basis throughout the school year, children are treated to an enjoyable and meaningful experience in their church school classes. A variety of additional programs are planned throughout the year to keep the children involved and interested. Some of these programs include:
- Music classes - children learn songs and hymns related to the curriculum. Under the direction of Assistant Music Director Joe Regan, the children also perform a special musical presentation during Children's Sunday in June and at the Advent Festival in December.
- Christmas Eve pageant - children take part in a living Nativity during an early service held at 5pm on Christmas Eve.
- Lenten Mission Project - children raise money through a "Fill the Ark" program and a very successful Cake Auction for the benefit of Heifer International.
- Bibles - Third grade children receive Bibles during a special service in the fall of each year.
- Confirmation - Ninth grade children attend additonal Confirmation classes with the Senior Minister throughout the year. Confirmation Sunday is held in May.
During June, July and August, Summer Sunday Stories, a one-room schoolhouse styled program is offered to school aged children.