Every Sunday you will experience a blend of traditional and contemporary liturgy, challenging, creative and inspirational preaching, and a special time for young children.
Regular Sunday morning worship begins at 10:00 am and includes a post service time of conversation and coffee at 11:00 am. Infant and childcare is provided from 9:45 am until 11:15 am in McCorison Center, contiguous to the church. We generally celebrate Communion the first Sunday of the month. At First Congregational Church, we practice open communion. Anyone of any age is welcome to participate.
FCC is proud to offer a state of the art LOOP SYSTEM available in the sanctuary for anyone with a tele coil compatible hearing aid. No additional equipment required. (please click on the words LOOP SYSTEM to read more about it)
Sunday morning worship services are audio taped for the homebound, and available on our website. Visit our Weekly Sermons page to listen online or download in .mp3 format.
Christian Education classes for 3 year-olds through middle school are held each Sunday. Our church believes that children are a valued part of church life. Children, preschool through high school, join their families in the sanctuary for the first part of the service. Following "The Word For Our Children," they leave for Church School.
On Communion Sundays: (the first sunday of each month)
Students in Grades 1-8 will attend Church School after the Word for Children as usual. However, the hymn that is usually sung after the Word for Children will be moved to right after the morning’s Message. During that hymn, the children in Grades 1-8 will be escorted back into the Sanctuary by their teachers in order to rejoin their families for the start of Communion. This will allow us to make that transition without adding time to the service and with the least amount of possible disruption.
Middle High Students remain in Worship on Communion Sundays in order to hear the Message.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. I am extremely excited about this new approach, and am confident that you will appreciate and support this opportunity to incorporate as many of our children as is considered appropriate into this foundational spiritual practice. One of the defining features of this faith community as I have come to know it is that we are deeply committed to our kids, and truly see their faith development as belonging to all of us.
"First Saturday" Worship Service begins at 5:30 pm and is offered the first Saturday of each month. It is a quieter more meditative and contemplative spiritual opportunity.
Visitors Are Always Welcome
By God's grace, we will be an inclusive church. We commit ourselves to be a church for all people. In Christ, we celebrate, affirm and embrace the rich diversity of God's creation. To that end we welcome all people into our worship and membership.
For Our Guests:
- Please feel free to sit anywhere in the Sanctuary.
- You are most welcome to join us for our time of refreshments and conversation right after the service. This is an opportunity to meet and begin to get to know some of us. Just follow the crowd.
- Most children sit with their parents or the adult they came with until it’s time for the Children’s Sermon, which takes place a few minutes into the service. Following that, they go to Church School. Infants and toddlers are invited, but not required, to go to our supervised “Crib Room” at any time before or during the service. Please ask an usher or greeter to direct you there.
- There are two restrooms: Inside the entranceway, before entering the sanctuary, turn left, then turn right into the Chapel Lounge. The restroom is on the right. For the other, again inside the entranceway, before entering the sanctuary, go down the stairs to the right, turn right at the hallway, and you will find one midway down the hallway on the right. Also, you can always ask an usher or greeter.
- Please consider providing us with your name, address, phone number and email on our Guest Sheet on the podium at the entrance to the Sanctuary. However, please feel no obligation to do so. Our primary concern is that you feel welcome and comfortable.
- The Worship Service is outlined in our Bulletin, which you should receive from one of our ushers or greeters when you enter the church.